CHIRON: Booth 339066
Flexible manufacturing systems, vertical machining centers and special production turning machines, are the three business segments of this German company based in Tuttlingen, which includes Scherer Feinbau and STAMA.
CHIRON will be using IMTS to introduce to the manufacturing world a new design and capability in its single and twin spindle VMCs. Long known for speed and accuracy, this development exclusively by Chiron advances the VMC to new levels of flexibility, productivity, and precision in all types of material, including difficult alloys.
Interview Dirk Zikeli, Chiron America President
Alex Ott, Scherer Feinbau, production custom turnkey vertical turning centers and cells.
CHIRON Group North America, 10950 Withers Cove Park Drive, Charlotte, NC 28278 www.chironamerica.com
ANCA: Booth 237406
ANCA is today a leading designer and manufacturer of complete, precision CNC tool and cutter grinding machines in a global niche market. ANCA employs more than 300 with offices in major cities in Europe, North America and Asia and dealerships in over 25 countries. ANCA precision grinding machines are used in producing carbide tools for metalcutting and woodcutting, composites, medical, and automotive.
ANCA will host a press introduction 9 am Wednesday Sept. 12 at its booth for
• an all-new machine
• the TapXmicro for grinding taps 3mm thread pitch and under, and
• the introduction to North America of a new low-cost robot loader designed and built by ANCA specifically to support efficient, lights-out tool grinding
Contact Russell Riddiford, President, ANCA Inc.
ANCA Inc., 31129 Century Drive, Wixom, MI, 48393 Tel. 248-926-4466 www.anca.com
INDEX Corporation: Booth 338136
INDEX Corporation, Noblesville, IN, is the U.S. operation of INDEX Group, Esslingen, Germany, a leading global CNC turning machine manufacturer. INDEX and TRAUB machines include single- and multi-spindle turning machines and fixed and sliding headstock machines for precision parts production. At IMTS 2018, INDEX will debut for North America:
• The new TNL 20 Swiss turning center with 6-axis robot cell and Renishaw Equator inspection center showcasing a bone screw whirling process 2X faster than conventional
• MS40-8 8-spindle CNC multispindle with new INDEX MBL high-capacity bar loader
• New version of the C200 – the fastest 2-spindle automatic lathe and
• iXworld a new online portal that includes four distinct areas: iX4.0, iXplore, iXshop and iXservices providing customers with fast, secure connectivity, production data, remote diagnostics, spare parts ordering from the machine and more, all designed to minimize downtime and further boost machine utilization rates.
Interview Tom Clark, President & CEO, INDEX Corporation
INDEX Corporation, 14700 North Pointe Boulevard, Noblesville, IN 46060 Tel. 317 770 6300
Gear Technology and Automation groups
An acknowledged leader in providing efficient gear machining processes including hobbing, grinding, shaping and skiving and in factory automation from bin-picking to in-line robots and gantry systems, Liebherr Gear Technology and Liebherr Automation Systems offer users advanced options for manufacturing success.
At IMTS 2018, Liebherr will introduce a new machine for gear production and will demonstrate several new options for automating part handling in machine shops and in larger plants.
Liebherr, 1465 Woodland Drive, Saline, MI 48176 Tel. 734-429-7225 www.liebherr.com
Contact Scott Yoders, VP Sales, Liebherr Gear Technology; Dan Demlow, VP Sales Liebherr Automation
Jenoptik Automotive: Booth 135536
Jenoptik Automotive is a leading global manufacturer and system provider for:
• high precision, tactile and non-contact (production) metrology and
• laser cutting, welding and automation systems, primarily for automotive production.
Jenoptik’s metrology solutions include: testing roughness, waviness, contours, form, determining dimensions, post-process and in-process measurements. The product portfolio is rounded off by a wide range of services with consulting, training and service including long-term maintenance contracts.
Andreas Blind, vice president, Jenoptik Automotive, 1500 W. Hamlin, Rd. Rochester Hills, MI 48309
IMPCO Microfinishing: Booth 237513
IMPCO Microfinishing is the original developer of a process that imparts the ideal surface finish, geometry, and size to precision load-bearing journals, as found on crankshafts, camshafts, gearshafts and control shafts. The IMPCO GBQ process is consistently controllable in production cycles to less than 3 microns and is used by automotive, aerospace, and motorsports manufacturers worldwide.
Contact Mark Hendel, Global Sales Director, IMPCO, 3417 W. St. Joseph St., Lansing, MI 48917